If you own a car, then you will have a V5C. This is the official name for the registration form for your car and it’s a vital piece of paperwork when it comes to buying or selling a car. It’s commonly known as the ‘log book’ or ‘V5’, and this document includes all of the crucial details about your car that are also held on the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) database. It also includes information about the current and past keepers of the vehicle. For further information visit gov.uk/vehicle-log-book.