To whom we transfer your data
Last Updated: 22nd January 2020.
We may share or disclose your personal data to the following:
- members of the Ola group, which may include, for example, disclosure to and use of information by ANI Technologies Private Limited (registered and located in India), OLA UK Private Limited (registered and located in the United Kingdom), OLA Australia Pty Limited (registered and located in Australia), Ola USA Inc. (registered and located in the state of Delaware) and Ola Singapore Pte Limited (registered and located in the Republic of Singapore) the purposes of information and identification verification;
- our service providers and their contractors and parties who we regard as business partners of us or the Ola group, including payment processors, fraud and security providers, those providing technology services and support, loyalty schemes and services, contact centre services, analytics or business services, marketing, promotions and advertising services, financial services, insurance services or professional or legal services;
- at your request to friends and family or emergency contacts in the event of an incident or emergency;
- to riders, we may share the driver’s details only to the extent permitted under law and required for safety and service quality purposes, which may include details such as the driver’s name, vehicle number, make, model, colour and registration number, total number of trips, location information (at the time of booking and during the trip), and photographs.
- to either the rider or driver, we will share the corresponding driver or rider’s ratings, first name, and pick-up and drop-off locations.
- comply with our and the Ola Group’s legal, compliance, regulatory and operational purposes, or in the case of legal disputes;
- enforce our terms and conditions with you or to protect the security or integrity of the services provided to you;
- if you request for services through our third-party partnerships such as promotions, contests or other offerings;
- third parties to whom you offer to provide goods or services or from whom you procure goods or services (including any preliminary requests or communications regarding such goods and services) using our services, for example this would include sharing information between drivers and users of transport-related services arranged or facilitated using our services;
- our trusted partners in the case of any anonymised, de-identified or aggregated data to assist them in conducting analytics and marketing of products and services to you that are likely to be relevant to your interests and preferences;
- where we think certain carefully selected partners may be of interest to you. These companies may contact you by post, email, telephone or fax for marketing or promotional purposes.
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of supply other agreements with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our drivers or customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction and to prevent cybercrime.
If you require any further information on disclosure of your personal data, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.